ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE SECRETARIAT OF THE COMMISSION7. Supervision, direction and control.-
(1) The supervision. direction and control of the function of the Secretariat of the Commission
shall be under the Chairman. Chairman shall be the appointing authority in respect of the Secretary
and such other officers as may be prescribed in the recruitment rules. He shall exercise such
administrative and financial power as may be delegated to him by orders of the appropriate authority.
8. General function of the Secretary.-
(1) Subject to the general or special directions of the Chairman or the Commission. as the
case may be. the Secretary shall bein charge of the Secretariat and will discharge all official business
pertaining to the Commission under the superintendence of the Chairman in accordance with the
policy and decisions taken from time to time by the Commission.
(2) The Secretary shall ensure that the policy and decisions of the Commission are carried
out diligently. efficiently and promptly. He shall place all the relevant facts in respect of all cases
placed before the Chairman or the Commission and render free. frank and correct advice to the
Chairman or the Member. as the case may be.
(3) The Secretary shall be duty bound to draw the attention of the Chairman or the
Commission. as the case may be. if any of the actions or decision taken by the Chairman or the
Commission is contrary to any provisions of any rule or law in vogue or is at variance with the policy
decision hitherto adopted by the Commission. Subject to such power as may be delegated to the
subordinate officer. the Secretary shall exercise general supervision and control over the staff working
in the office and he shall be responsible for seeing that the members of the Secretariat perform their
assigned duties efficiently and with promptitude.
9. Authentication of orders and correspondences.- Subject to such orders passed by the
Chairman. all the communications. including orders passed by the Chairman or Commission. as the
case may be. shall be authenticated by Secretary or any other officer.
10. Function of Additional / Joint / Deputy / Under / Secretary.- Additional / Joint / Deputy /
Under Secretary shall discharge their duties as per the distribution of works made through standing
orders issued with the approval of the Chairman. In the absence of the Secretary. the Chairman
may appoint the Additional Secretary to take charge of the Secretary.
11. Controller of Examinations.-
(1) The Chairman may designate an officer not below the rank of Additional Secretary of
the Secretariat as Ex-officio Controller of Examination.