36. Storage of Answer Books and other documents of the examination.-
(1) After the examination is over, the Centre Supervisor shall send the sealed packets with
all the relevant documents to the Commission's Secretariat the same day. The Centre Supervisor
shall pack and seal the answer books in accordance with the instructions issued in this regard.
(2) The Answer Books andother documents related to the examination shall be kept in the
Strong Room of the Commission. Necessary entries shall be made in the Log Book of the Strong
37. Codification of Answer Books.-
The sealed packets containing the Answer Books shall be opened under the personal supervision
of the Controller of Examination and the same shall be codified in such a manner that the identity of
theAnswer Book is neutralized before it is sent to the examiner. This shall be done with a view to
38. Evaluation of answer books-
(1)The Answer Books will be evaluated by the concerned Examiners appointed by the
Commission. For this purpose, the Examiners may be invited to the Commission or where this is not
feasible, the Answer Books shall be packed and sealed and despatched to the Examiners by Insured
Speed Post as soon as the examinations and codification of the answer books are over.
(2) The Controller of Examination shall coordinate with the Examiners for ensuring timely
completion of evaluation work. The Examiners shall return the Answer Books, after evaluation, to the
Controller of Examination in a sealed packet through Speed Post. They shall draw and send necessary
mark sheet in a separate sealed envelope . .'
39. Compilation of marks and preparation of final consolidated mark-sheet.-
(1) As soon as the Answer Sheets and mark sheet are received from the Examiners, the
Controller of Examination shall take necessary action for compilation of marks obtained by he
candidates and prepare consolidated Mark Sheets. The Mark Sheets shall then be placed before
the Commission for its information and approval of the Mark Sheets.
(2) The Controller of Examinations shall cross. check the correctness of the marks posted in
the Mark sheets sent by the Examiner with reference to the evaluated Answer Books. For this purpose,
the Controller may check at least 15%of the total number of Answer Sheets returned by the Examiner
inrandom. If any discrepancy is noticed, the Controller of Examination shall make necessary
correction in the Mark Sheet and the correction made shall be countersigned by him.
(3) the commission may at its discretion cross check the marks with reference to the marks
given by the examiner on the answer book.