40. Result of the written examination.-
(1) The Commission shall , with reference to the minimum qualifying marks as may be
prescribed and the marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination, prepare the list
of successful candidates.
(2) Where the number of candidates in the list prepared under sub-rule (1) is unreasonably
large with reference to the number of vacancy / vacancies notified , the Commission may restrict
the number of candidates to be called for interview to a maximum of five times , and in any case
not less than three times, as far as possible , the number of vacancies notified. Where the number of
candidates who succeed in the written examination is less than three times the number of vacancy
notified, all such successful candidates shall be called for the interview/Viva-voce test.
(3) The list prepared under sub-rule(1) subject to sub-rule (2) shall be displayed on the notice
board of the Commission. It may also be published in local news papers and broadcast through
local electronic medium for general information.
(4) The list shall contain the Roll Number and name of the candidates in descending order
of roll number so that the order of merit is not disclosed at this stage.
41. Call for interview.-
(1) The candidates whose names are included in the list published under rule 40 shall be
invited to appear before the Selection Board for interview/Viva-voce/personality test on such time,
date and venue as may be indicated in the calling letter. If a candidate fails to turn up for
interview on the specified time and date, he will be marked ABSENT and he will be
deemed to have forfeited the examination Irrespective of marks secured by him in the
(2) All the documents and certificates of academic and other qualifications in original shall
be verified before the candidate is allowed to appear before the Selection Board. If a candidate
fails to produce original certificates or documents for verification, he shall not be allowed to appear
before the Selection Board for interview.
42. Declaration of final results.- After completion of interview, marks of written examination
and interview are combined and a merit list of candidates shall be finalised in accordance with the
procedure end orders in vogue with the approval of the Commission. A list of candidates equal to
the number of vacancy/vacancies notified for each category as per the requisition made under
rule 18 of these rules, arranged in order of merit inter-se, shall be published / notified in the Notice
Board, Newspapers and electronic medium, incorporating therein the roll numbers and names of
such candidates and the category under which the candidate is recommended. Simultaneously,
the list shall be forwarded to the Appointing Authority for taking further action.