55. Frequency of meeting of the
Selection Committee / Departmental Promotion
(1) Selection Committee / Departmental Promotion Committee constituted under the
recruitment rules of a Service may meet once in a year. Meeting of a Committee for more than
once in a year may be convened if the Commission is satisfied that such meeting is in the public
(2) In other cases, the Commission may refuse to entertain the requisition to avoid repetition
of meeting of the Selection Committee/Departmental Promotion Committee.
56. Sealed Cover Procedure.- The provision laid down in rule 47 herein above shall be followed
in a case where an officer who falls within the zone of consideration but against whom disciplinary
proceeding or court proceedings are pending or whose conduct is under investigation.
57. Review Committee Meeting.- The provisions laid down in rule 49 herein above shall be
followed in a case where Review Meeting is necessitated.