Composition, Pay and Tenure
4. The Commission shall consist of a Chairman and one, or ' more other Members as the
Governor may consider necessary from time to time.
5. A Member of the Commission shall hold office for a term of 6 years from the date on
which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of 62 years, whichever is earlier:
Proved that the Member of the Commission may, in writing addressed to the Governor, resign
his Office earlier:. Provided further that a Member of the Commission may be -
(i) removed from his officer earlier in the manner provided in Clause (1) or Clause (3) of
Article 317 of the Constitution;
(ii) suspended in the manner provided in clause (2) of Article 317 of the Constitution.
6. The Chairman shall draw a consolidated salary without allowances of two thousand rupees
per mensem and the Member shall draw a consolidated salary of eighteen hundred rupees per
mensem in addition to their pension.
7. A person appointed as Member of the Commission shall be entitled to leave as may be
admissible to the SikkimG0vernment Servants.
8. The power to grant or refuse leave to the Member and revoke or curtail the leave
granted to him shall vest in the Governor.
TRAINING AND OTHER ALLOWANCES
9. (i) A Member, on appointment for his journey to take up the assignment shall be
entitled to travelling allowances admissible to a Class I Officer of Sikkim Government from the
station of his normal stay. Similar travelling allowance shall be admissible for his return journey on
completion of term of his Office.
(ii) A Member, when travelling on duty, shall be entitled to travelling allowance at the
rates admissible to a Class I Officer of the Sikkim Government.