STAFF OF THE COMMISSION AND THEIR SERVICE CONDITIONS
10. The Staff of the Commission may include a Secretary 'and such other gazetted and non-
gazetted staff as the Governor may from time to time determine in consultation with the'
11. The Secretary shall be appointed by the Commission with the approval of the Governor.
The normal tenure of the office of the Secretary shall be five years provided that the
Commission may, with the approval of the Governor, extend the tenure of the Secretary by any
period not exceeding three years. The Secretary shall not, however, remain in office beyond the
age of sixty years.
12. The Secretary shall be paid during the tenure of his office pay and allowances as may be
determined by the Governor in consultation with the Commission.
13. In respect of all other matters for which provision is not made by these Regulations, the
conditions of service of the Secretary as well as other members of the Commission shall be the
same as applicable to the servants of the Sikkim Government.
14. The Gazetted Officer and Non-Gazetted staff in the Pay Scale of RS.270-445 and above of
the Commission shall be appointed by the Commission and other Non-Gazetted staff shall be
appointed by the Secretary. They shall receive such emoluments as are admissible to
Government Servants of the corresponding grades in the Sikkim Government Secretariat.
15. The Commission, in case of the gazetted officers and non-gazetted staff in the pay scale
of Rs.270-445and above and the Secretary, in case of other non-gazetted staff including the
Grade IV employees shall be the authority who may impose any of the penalties prescribed in
the Sikkim Government Servants' (discipline and Appeal) Rules, 1974.The Governor, in respect
of the Gazetted Officers and the non-gazetted staff in the pay scale of Rs.270-445 and above
and the Commission in respect of other non-gazetted staff including Grade IV employees, shall
be the Appellate Authority.
16. In respect of any matter for which provision is not made by these Regulations, the
conditions of service of persons serving as a Member of the Commission or its staff shall be
governed by the rules and orders including Sikkim Government Servants' Conduct Rules.
17. If any doubt arises about the interpretation of any f these regulations, interpretation of the
Governor shall be final.
CHIEF SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF SIKKIM