GOVERNMENT OF SIKKIM
No.9(2)Home/82/3557 Dated Gangtok the 13th January 1983
THE SIKKIM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (MEMBER) REGULATIONS, 1983
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-clause (a) of Article 318 of the Constitution, the
Governor of Sikkim hereby makes the following regulations, namely,-
1. Short title, commencement and application.-
(1) These regulations may be called the Sikkim Public Service Commission (Members)
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official gazette.
(3) They shall apply to the Chairman and Members of the Commission holding office at the
commencement of these regulations but not so as to vary to disadvantage of the Chairman or a
Member, the conditions of service to which he was entitled immediately before the commencement
of these regulations.
2. Definitions.- In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) "Chairman" means the
Chairman of the Commission and includes an
appointed under Article 316(lA) of the Constitution.
(b) "Commission" means the Sikkim Public Service Commission;
(c) "Constitution" means the Constitution of India;
(d) "Government" means the Government of Sikkim;
(e) "Member" means a member of the Commission and includes the Chairman thereof.
3. Number of Members.- The number of members of the Commission, excluding the Chairman,
shall not exceed two.