admissible to a Member In the Service of the Central or State Government.-
Notwithstanding anything contained in regulation 5, a Member who, at the time of his appointment
to the Commission, was in service of the Central or a State Government-
(a) may be granted leave ("." ...)3 even after he attains the age of superannuation in the
same manner as provided in the rules applicable to him immediately before his appointment and
his service as Member shall count for such leave; and
(b) the leave at the credit of any such Member in his leave account shall not lapse on the
date of his appointment as Member but shall be carried forward and may be availed during his
tenure as Member.
7 . Leave admissible to a Member who was not In the service of the Central or a
(1) A Member who, at the time of his appointment to the Commission, is not in service of
the Central or a State Government shall be entitled to leave as admissible to officers of the Sikkim
Government at the highest level.
(2) Cash payment in lieu of unutilized earned leave in certain cases.-
(1) A Member shall be paid cash equivalent of leave salary in respect of the period of
earned leave at his credit at the time when he ceased to hold office as such or when his option
under regulation 8(1) becomes effective.
(2) The payment of cash equivalent of leave salary under sub-regulation (1) shall be limited
to a maximum of one hundred and eighty days of earned leave.
(3) The cash equivalent of leave salary thus admissible shall become payable to a Member
in one lump sum as a one time settlement.
(4) Cash payment shall be equal to leave salary as admissible for earned leave and dearness
allowance admissible on that leave salary at the rates in force on the date he becomes entitled for
such payment. No city compensatory allowance and house rent allowance Shall be payable.
8. Pension payable to members who were in the service of the Central or a State
(1) A Member who at the time of his appointment as such is in the service of the Central or
a State Government, shall at his option to be exercised within period of six months from the date of
his appointment, be entitled to draw pension and other retirement benefits under the rules applicable
to the service to which he belonged with effect from the date of his appointment (as such)4 Member
(or any later date as may be specified in such option.
3 [ ] The expression "by the Government" deleted vide Home Department Notification No. 9(2)Home/82/28 dated 21.4.1984.
4 [ ] Inserted vide ibid.
5 [ ] Inserted vide ibid.